By Isabella @TheWandCarver
Hello! Well, this is a turn up for the books because it came from nowhere…apart from a zealot’s drive to make sure she puts out two blogs per week, come what may. And believe me, writing is a struggle even on a good day, but it seems to have become a passion, as I hear writing can become if you dabble in it too long 😊
When I received a message from the lovely Everyday Alternative that she had chosen me as a nominee for the 2018 Leibster Award, it truly made me catch my breath a bit. I wrote to her how honoured I felt, and I do…because I think she is quite a fab writer in her own right – two rights/writes? Ha-ha…sorry….and for her to nominate me was a lovely shock, so thank you for that, my dear! You rock…quite literally…with your fabulous music blog! Please do give her a read, dear readers, you’ll enjoy your time there!
I’m a late-blooming writer/blogger. I began this blog in the same year as when I opened my Etsy shop, fully intending to keep customers and others informed of what we are doing in the shop, as well as writing about magickal things that would appeal to our genre of readership. As all good intentions go…straight down the plughole; I dabbled here and there. But in the latter part of 2017 something clicked inside my head and since then I have tried my best to keep rolling out two informative blogs per week. If I’m honest, I think at first, I did so to get people to visit our Etsy shop but now? I write simply to inform for the sheer joy of it, and not so much to attract buyers…although we never turn those away. I get immense pleasure in bringing to others a nugget of information they may not have found elsewhere.
For those who don’t know about the Liebster Award, here are the rules:
1. Give some recognition and promotion to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Create a post about the award on your blog.
3. Give a reason you are passionate about blog posting.
4. Answer the 10 questions you were asked.
5. Nominate 5-11 other blogs.
6. Inform those bloggers you nominated them.
7. Make sure you put these rules on your post so everyone else knows what to do!
Here are the 10 questions I have been asked:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
Wales, borderlands…so much magick! Must go back.
2. If you could visit a fantasy land from one of your favourite films, TV shows or books where would you pick?
3. What food do you crave most often?
4. What job would you be absolutely terrible at?
5. What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
6. What would you do in a zombie apocalypse?
Work a good spell to drive off the Zombs. Or chase them down to see if I could find some of my ancestors 😊
7. What song would you pay money to never hear again?
I don’t know the name of the song, but somebody living nearby blasts it on their car radio every time they are in the neighbourhood. I sincerely want to throttle the driver of that car!
8. Is there a quote you strive to live by?
You can’t change the way people are, but you can change the way you look at people
9. Would you rather be able to fly or turn invisible?
Either! But to fly would be wonderful…I have many dreams in which I’m flying, and it is a wonderful sensation!
10. If you could ask your future self one question, what would it be?
Have they found a cure for arthritis yet?
The bloggers I would like to nominate are:
Should you choose to accept my nomination of you and your fab blog, here are the questions you must answer:
1. Who is the person in your life whom has most influenced the kind of person you are today?
2. If you were given three wishes that would come true, what would they be?
3. What is your favourite holiday [of any kind] tradition?
4. What was your first pet?
5. We already know you’re a great blogger…do you have a desire to possibly write a book
someday and if you already have done, are you published?
6. What is your favourite mythological creature?
7. It’s Armageddon…you have a safe place to go but you are allowed to only take three items with you [go with the assumption all people will have a safe place to go so don’t list loved ones and friends] – what would those three items be?
8. Which one television personality – actor, news reader, game show host, etc – would you like to spend a day with to just get to know? A three-word reason?
9. If you were an actor would you prefer acting in which media: theatre, television, or films?
10. Which inanimate object do you feel a special affinity for? A tree, a rock, or a machine.
When you have finished, be sure to go to Leibster Awards Official Rules page and comment with the link to your post so he can check out your answers and you are in with a chance!
Many thanks again to Everyday Alternative for the nom and good luck to all!